Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Selecting the Ceremony Venue

When it came to selecting the venue where our wedding ceremony will take place, we both knew it was going to be at the place endeared to both mine and Craig's hearts. It is the place where Craig and I first met. We met at my home church, the church that I have attended my entire life. The first time we met, we had a true "Tony and Maria" moment from "West Side Story". One of my favorite scenes in the movie when Tony and Maria, with Maria being played in the movie by one of my icons Natalie Wood, first see each other across the room and everyone else in the room just blurs away and they bopth only see each other. We are keeping with a Southern tradition of marrying in the church my family has attended for three generations. It is the church where my maternal grandparents began their married lives together in 1948. It is the church where my parents were married in 1972 and my baby shower was held in 1974. Our wedding will be Saturday, June 4, 2011 at Northside Baptist Church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment