Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

My final Bridal Shower is here! Recipe Corner: "The Southern Fried Bride's Deviled Eggs"


My third and final bridal shower is tomorrow and I am so excited to gather with loved ones to celebrate mine and Craig's upcoming marriage! This recipe is both ideal and economical for serving at events such as a bridal
shower. My late, great maternal grandmother Grandma Cleva taught me to make deviled eggs and over the years I have created my own recipe. They seem extra-special served this time of year with all of spring’s awakenings around us.

"The Southern Fried Bride's Deviled Eggs"
Makes 2 dozen

12 large eggs, boiled and peeled

½ cup mayonnaise

2 tablespoons prepared mustard

2 tablespoons pickle relish

½ teaspoon salt

Garnish: 1 tablespoon paprika

1 tablespoon parsley

24 green olives

Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, allow to cool and then peel shell from eggs. Cut eggs in half, lengthwise. Remove yolks from eggs and place in medium size bowl. Mash yolks with a fork until desired consistency and mix together with mayonnaise, pickle relish and mustard. Add salt, to taste. Spoon yolk mixture into the empty egg white halves. Garnish with paprika, parsley and green olive, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!

Smart and Trendy Moms

4 comments:

  1. I am awaiting to hear the details of your fabulous and very happy wedding, but in the meantine, come see my really funny post. If you disagree, just let me know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sucky thing was that i didn't have a shower but its all good! hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happent to love Deviled Eggs too! I hope your 3rd bridal shower was a success, but I'm sure it was with those to eat! :)

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete