Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Newlywed Recipe Corner: "Craig's Blueberry Heaven"

I have been hearing from many of you with compliments about my recent no-heating-up-the-oven-needed recipes I have been sharing with you during this scorching hot summer. Here is another recipe perfect for preparing in this heatwave. I love blueberry season and blueberry patches abound here in New York just as they do in Oklahoma. My husband Craig has been picking blueberries for me on Saturdays! I have been having the best time creating new recipes and preparing blueberry dessert dishes this summer. The one I am sharing with you this week is one I made recently, so new when I served it that I hadn't even named it yet. It was a huge hit with my husband and I decided to let him name it. This recipe can easily be halved for a smaller portion. I hope you find this dish "berry" good!
"Craig's Blueberry Heaven"
1 16 oz. tub whipped topping, thawed

1 8 oz. package berry blue gelatin

3/4 cup blueberries

1/2 cup miniature marshmallows

1/2 cup crushed pineapple

Spoon thawed whipped topping into large bowl. Mix in entire envelope of gelatin. Fold in blueberries, marshmallows and pineapple. Transfer mixture into serving bowl. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Serves 8-10. Enjoy!
Smart and Trendy Moms

3 comments:

  1. I'll eat anything with pineapple :) Stopping by (a little late from Smart Trendy Mom's Follow Friday Parade - and I am your newest follower. Hope you can stop by my place and return the favor soon :)
    http://www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could go for a pile of blueberry Heaven right now...looks divine! I'm your newest follower form SSBH...please stop by my blog and follow back....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really a pineapple lover, except for pineapple upside down cake. My wife made me a blue berry pie once. And added pineapple to it. I really did try to like it. But I will try this without the pineapple. But it does look very yummy. And I love the plate that it is on. Bring on the Blue Berry's

    ReplyDelete