Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 18: Angela's "31 Days of Pink: Project for a Purpose"

Day 18: One of my treasures- my late, great mother Jan's pink butterfly pin. Happy Birthday Mom!

Today's breast cancer fact, courtesy Susan G. Komen for the Cure:
From the 1940s until the 1980s, the rate of new cases of breast cancer in the United States increased by a little over one percent a year. In the 1980s, incidence rose dramatically (likely due to increased mammography screening), then leveled off during the 1990s. The incidence of breast cancer declined in the early 2000s. Since 2003, the incidence of breast cancer has remained stable.  

3 comments:

  1. Pretty pin, how wonderful that it was your Great Grandmother's! I am a new follower. Would you follow me? I'm giving away an awesome book!

    http://musingsbymaureen.blogspot.com/2011/10/christmas-journey-home-my-rating-5-of-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an awesome idea..way to go..this is a beautiful pin!

    ReplyDelete