Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 1: Angela's "31 Days of Pink: Project for a Purpose"

October is here and it brings one of my favorite times of year, my mother's birthday month and a month full of all kinds of fun fall and Halloween activities. This year, it brings my first autumn as a bride and my 2nd blogiversary celebration. It is also "Breast Cancer Awareness Month". Each day this month, I decided I will share a picture of one of the many pink items in my life that I love and along with the picture, I will be sharing a breast cancer fact or prevention tip courtesy of Susan G. Komen for the Cure . Several of the items I will be sharing are made by companies that give to the cause through the purchase of that very item.

Today's pink item has quickly become one of my favorite things. I fell in love with this item when I saw it on the store rack at the shopping mall and when I read the tag about the company's commitment to the fight against breast cancer, I just had to get it. This is the Columbia Sportswear Company pink ribbon full zip fleece, priced at $34.99. Besides producing this beautiful piece of  breast cancer awareness wear, the company supports the National Breast Cancer Foundation by providing funding for prevention programs. You can learn more about their commitment to the cause here.  Also note it is displayed on another one of my favorite pink items: my in-law's handmade quilt, currently on our upstairs guest bed.

Today's breast cancer fact, courtesy of Susan G. Komen for the Cure:
In 2011, it is estimated that among U.S. women, there will be 230,480 new cases of invasive breast cancer.

3 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your blog. I make sure I get checked out for breast cancer once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting post. Congratulations on the second anniversary of your Blog, Happy birthday to your mother when her birthday comes around and have an enjoyable Halloween. An aunt in the U.S.A. will be 96 years old tomorrow. I admire what you are doing here about breast cancer. I hope a cure for cancer will be found in the near future. Sadly my twin sister died of stomach cancer in 2008. I am a new Follower of your Blog from Jamaica. Take care and have a good Sunday.
    Judy - JUDY H-J'S THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good idea! Its very thoughtful! I'm a new follower from the october blog hop! :)
    -barbie
    http://lovinlifebarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete