Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Hormel's Country Crock Side Dish Challenge

I was recently given the opportunity to take part in Hormel's Country Crock Side Dish Challenge. To lighten up dinnertime in the new year, I chose boneless, skinless turkey breasts for the meat. I then went to my local grocery store and looked at the line of Country Crock side dishes and chose two of the side dishes for my meal: elbow macaroni and cheese and garlic mashed potatoes.

I chose these two because I enjoy preparing both of these at home, but I prepare themon occasions when I have the time to devote to the preparation involved to make a good dish. When you combine both of them in one sitting, then double the amount of time involved in the kitchen.

According to the Hormel website, Country Crock Side Dishes are traditionally time-consuming side dishes like mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and broccoli cheddar rice that can be hot and ready in just five minutes.



I could not get over the creamy and moist texture of this elbow macaroni and cheese straight out of the container.

You have the option of preparing it either on the stovetop or microwave. I chose to try the microwave preparation method. In 5 minutes, it came out of the microwave hot, creamy and such a cheesy flavor.

I liked the texture of the garlic mashed potatoes when I opened the container to prepare it for the microwave. In 5 minutes, I had hot and whipped texture garlic mashed potatoes that had a full flavor.


I saved so much time in dinner preparation. The time I would have traditionally devoted to side dish preparation, I was able to spend visiting with my husband. I prepared the turkey breast cutlets with a light recipe:

"Light Turkey Cutlets"
2 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless turkey cutlets
1/2 cup turkey stock

Coat a 10" non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add turkey cutlets. Cook the turkey for 2 minutes. Turn over and cook for another 2 minutes.Reduce heat to medium. Slowly add turkey stock. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the turkey is no longer pink in the center. Check by inserting the tip of a sharp knife into the center of 1 cutlet. 

 
We enjoyed our dinner and our extra time to visit because of the ease and convenience of  Country Crock Side Dishes and we look forward to incorporating their other side dishes offerings into our meals. For more information on Hormel Country Crock Side Dishes, go to their website here.

FTC Disclaimer: I received a $25 stipend to purchase meat and four free Country Crock side dishes for this review. The opinions expressed in this blog post are my own.

3 comments:

  1. those look delish!!! new follower :) love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm! Those look so good! It's making me hungry!
    I was tagged in a little game on my blog and guess what? I tagged you!! Check it out over at A Sweet Southern Mess!
    -Anna
    asweetsouthernmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete