Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Crowd Pleaser Recipe: "Front Line Cajun Chicken Wings"


Super Bowl Sunday is here and I am serving up chicken wings with a Cajun flair at our house in honor of 2013 host city New Orleans. I serve these wings with plenty of ranch dipping sauce on the side. My husband and I are looking forward to a good game and fun commercials. Will you be watching the game?

Don't forget to enter my Super Bowl Giveaway in yesterday's post that ends tonight. 

   
"Front Line Cajun Chicken Wings"
 
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped 
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (or 1/4 teaspoon each paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano and black pepper) 
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 chicken wings (about 2 lbs.) 

Saute onion in oil for 3-4 minutes. Add tomato sauce, Cajun seasoning (or spice mixture) and salt. Bring to a boil slowly, lower heat and simmer 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and cool. Place chicken wings in large plastic sandwich bag. Cover with marinade, seal bag and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, turn bag in one hour. When ready to bake wings, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken wings in oven baking bag and place in baking dish or place wings in single layer across bottom of baking dish. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and browned on the outside. Reserve sauce may to coat chicken wings or to use as a dip for the chicken. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely to die for delicious! I am so excited to follow you! I hope you stop and follow my site so we can stay in touch! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another wonderful dish! I love chicken wings! We often have them when we are having a game night or movie night! Messy and good!

    Thank you for linking up to In and Out of the Kitchen! I look forward to seeing what you bring next week!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete